Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Next-gen DVDs: Anecdotal Evidence

One of the main selling points Blu-ray has had in its struggle with HD-DVD has been the fact that many more studios are going to be supporting it. But announced releases haven't really borne this out to date. However, one strong indication that this mathematical advantage may finally be about to manifest itself in the real world comes from something I don't normally pay much attention to - TV commercials.

In the last few days, I've begun to notice that just about every DVD commercial I happen to see describes the title as "available on DVD and Blu-ray disk". I may have just forgotten, but I have no memory so far of hearing anything described as "available on DVD and HD-DVD". Again, just an anecdote, but interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home